February is for love… of books! This month, grades 1-6 will compete in a reading contest. The grades are divided into three groups: Grades 1-2, Grades 3-4, and Grades 5-6. In each group, the class that reads the most books will win a pizza party! The rules are simple:
Book Choice: (Approved by teachers in advance)
- Grades 1 and 2 should choose books according to individual reading levels.
- Grades 3 and 4 should choose books of at least 50 pages.
- Grades 5 and 6 should choose books of at least 100 pages.
- Each student must keep a reading journal where completed books are recorded. Extra journal pages are available in the library.
- The reading journal should include each book’s title, date read, and a short summary.
- Parents must sign next to the journal entry for each completed book.
In addition to pizza parties for the winning classes, the top bookworm in each group (the student who has read the most books) will win a special prize.